Wednesday 22 June 2016

I wanted a ditch not a valley!

Perspective....

Challenge...

Exhaustion...

My life in a nut shell these days.

Lately I've been hearing tons of stories from people who are walking through devastating hardships...makes me feel all warm and cozy to know I'm not alone.

We have been waiting, hoping and praying for some guidance with my husbands job....nothing yet. It will happen, we know it! It's just the "when"...and all the stuff that comes with....

Have you ever noticed when you are in a "valley" of hardship in your life you expect it to be less of a valley and more of a very shallow ditch. Something you hit and then pop right back out of?

But a valley is so much different then a ditch. It's a slippery slope down one side and can be miles and miles of flat land with no shade to the other side. It is also so tempting to give up in the very middle since the getting to other side looks to impossible to even happen. And of course the climb out is often the hardest part about getting out of the valley...the long up hill trek that makes you wanna....well you get the picture.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

When I read this verse this week I was like....ok God, I could literally use those freaking eagle wings right now to fly my way out of this valley.

Learning that life doesn't stop with you when you have a trial or a hardship is the hardest thing that I have been realizing.

Even though you want to throw your time, resources and energy into solving the problem, life goes on.

My kids are still growing and needing attention and and guidance and are watching their mama oh so closely.

My house doesn't take into consideration that some days I just want to curl up and do nothing.

My husband still needs the good lovin, and the time, support, and effort of a loving wife.

So what do you do when your life doesn't let you fall apart?

Lol In my head I'm thinking fall apart anyway....but hear me out.

This is the beautiful part.

No matter what hardship you go through, no matter how deep the valley may be. Doesn't matter if it's your marriage, your finances or your kids that are falling apart.
You were never meant to be the rock.

You were never meant to be the one that holds its all together. Do you get to fall apart...no. But you do get to fall into him.

Is that not beautiful?

He carries you through the valley.
You don't have to worry that you won't make it to the other side.

He is the one that gives you strength and patience to be the mother he's called you to be.

He's the one that gives you the motivation to serve your family by doing that pile of laundry that has been looking at you for the past two days.

He's the one that brings you and your spouse closer then ever even when all odds are against you.

He's the one that gives you big picture perspective when you only see the now.

HIM

Isaiah 41:13
For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
 I will help you.

He's so good. As a mother when I feel like I need to pour everything I have into the needs of my family it's him who is watching out for me. Taking care of me, pouring his spirit into me so that I can pour it into them.

So in hard seasons or valley days ladies, fall apart in his arms. Yell, scream, mourn...lay there in silence simply because you don't know where you start. Be angry and confused and lifeless with him . Because he is your strong and steady and your salvation, your breath... And he's got you.




5 comments:

  1. Very well written! Love you ❤️ Thanks for your honesty in sharing where you are at in this season of life! God is a good Father and oh so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. If I was an artist, I would paint the picture of your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. If I was an artist, I would paint the picture of your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Taking care of me, pouring his spirit into me so that I can pour it into them."

    ^^Love that!

    ReplyDelete