Monday 15 June 2015

A New Creation

I have been inspired!

Inspired may not be the right word...I have been filled with anger... Righteous anger, but anger non the less.

Sin...I hate it! 

I am not the same person I was five years ago. Heck, I'm not even the same person I was two years ago. I would even go as far as to say I'm not the same person I was six months ago. Feel me? 

We are continuously changing, growing, becoming more like God as we work day in and day out to know him more.
Two years ago if some one had told me I would be homeschooling my children, seeing a midwife for a home birth, becoming sugar free, I would have laughed in their face! 

But low and behold here I am. My views have changed, my personality has changed, even the friends I have have changed. 

So what's bugging me about all this change? 

No one sees it!!! 

Sin is like this icky black yuck that sticks to you and alters your life and the lives of people around you, unless you get rid of it. The longer you are stuck in it the more damage it does. 
Praise the Lord for Jesus and what he has done so I don't have to walk around feeling like I have icky black yuck all over me. It's so freeing to know you are free and don't have to be in bondage that has held you back for so long. 

So, I have Jesus. What do I have to complain about? 

I have been so burdened lately as I realize that even though I am free from sin and the things I have done in the past, people still see me as the person I was back then. They still respond to me as if I'm the same person as I was then. It makes me think. Am I really doing such a horrible job of showing Christ if people aren't seeing a change in me? 

Have you ever felt like that? Like everyone still sees you like you were instead of how you are now, and who your trying to be? It's stressful. 
You don't want to be consumed with pleasing people or getting people to like you but sometimes I just wanted to shout  from the roof.

CAN ANYBODY SEE ME??? 

Then God does this.

Luke 6:31


And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Do I look at others that way? Do I look at their heart and try and see the person behind whatever idea I have of them in my head? Or, do I go off of a past encounter with them? 

I don't. I judge people on their sin. On their past sin. On their mistakes and I forget that they have a heart that is changing and growing. 

#OUCH 

Everything we do with Christ is a day in day out work in progress. For me to look at people like Christ sees them will take me forever. To teach me to look at the heart. That also tells me that people seeing a change in me is going to be a day in day out thing. 

As much as I wish people knew me and my heart now. I know it won't happen over night. The only thing I can do is try to look at others with the compassion and the understanding that I would like people to give me. 

I can also take a great comfort in knowing that God sees it, the transformation that daily goes on in my heart. That when he looks at me I am a new creation. 

2 Corinthians 5:17 


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.











4 comments:

  1. Ha Jess, you are way different than the girl I barely knew in highschool. Great thoughts though, makes me evaluate how I see myself and others. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Jess, you are way different than the girl I barely knew in highschool. Great thoughts though, makes me evaluate how I see myself and others. Love ya

    ReplyDelete