Sunday 25 October 2015

Here we go

Tonight I went and got all my last minuet Preperations for my 30day Stepford wife trial. 

One of my priorities on my list was to make healthy meals for my family. Low to no sugar and old fashioned cooking. 

Well let me tell you that is harder then it looks. I've always known that there is tons and tons of unhealthy processed food out there, but for some reason tonight at the grocery store I became extra aware of it. 

I mean I could cook and entire thanksgiving or Christmas meal and not actually do any cooking. Everything your mind can think of is in a box, or microwave friendly, or found in the frozen food isle. 

I had this moment of guilt when I found myself standing holding a box of frozen cheesy biscuits and thinking hmmm these look amazing....like red lobster biscuit amazing. While I was standing in the frozen food isle I had an inner and outer battle of do I put these in my cart or not. So I thought about what would my idea of the perfect Stepford wife/mother do...of course the conclusion I came to was bake her own.

I'm pretty sure the people passing me were thinking I was crazy putting the the biscuits in the freezer and taking them out again...then bursting into laughter at the idea of baking biscuits. 

In the end I put the biscuits back and challenged myself to once again really go all in for these thirty days and try to baking my own. 

I don't know if it's because I'm to exhausted that I don't do things like bake buns and bread for my family. Or if it's out of the convenience of having it right there only a start button away. Or if it's because I don't have time. 

I often use the excuse I don't have time then do something like watch TV like a zombie for 4 hours at night. 

Anyway I was challenged tonight to try for the best, cleanest, and yummiest food for my family this month with the majority being from SCRATCH! 

HA! We will see how that plays out. 

I haven't even stared my 30 days yet and I'm already struggling with the many excuses in my mind that daily plague me. 

But I am ready to go now, tomorrow I trade in my nice warm comfy PJs and husbands T-Shirt for a frilly apron and cooking book! 

HERE WE GO! 

1 comment:

  1. I could make you biscuits! They are so yummy homemade!

    ReplyDelete