Friday 23 October 2015

My perfect life -Prep

I have been making list after list of what my "perfect life" would look like. 

So far I have the following:
Cleaning list
Meal plan list
Activity list 
Goal list 
I even have a list with time slots to make other lists

So I sat down and thought about what are my goals for this experiment with the different roles I play in my life. 

As a mother: 
- Do devotions with them morning & evening.
-Putting aside time to spend with each child. 
- Cut out TV and help them find other activites to do 
- Healthy snacks that are not processed 
( I'm going to attempt to make everything from Scratch) 

Wife:
- Take one night a week to devote all attention to my husband 
-Pray together every night 
-Only positive uplifting words come out of my mouth about him 
-Relinquish  my need to control everything and let him be the head of the house 

Friend 
- Take time to spend pouring into the people I treasure in my life 


Christian:
-Reading my bible twice a day
-Having a specific prayer time set apart 
-Find time in my day to serve those around me 


Homemaker: 
-Clean house every night before I go to sleep
-Not letting laziness take over when I should be cleaning or organizing or cooking 
- 3 square meals a day with food preparation the night before 
-Be freshened up everyday when my husband arrives home 
-Strive to make everything from scratch

Dance teacher
- Plan meaningful devotions 
- Have my lessons planned out perfectly 
- Go above and beyond my role

Worship leader
-To spend the time in prayer needed to lead a team 
-Spend the time to work on the music musically before worship 
- Come with a plan 
- Be genuinely interested in what my team members are going through 

Homeschooling parent:
- Plan out each lesson for each kid
- Be creative and fun 
- Complete all 4 days of school each week 
-Each child gets one on one time 
-Be patient and encouraging

Women: 
-Find me time 
-Pamper myself
- Spend time on a hobby 

Healthy me:
-Exercise daily 
-No eating after 730pm
-Lights out at 1030pm
- Eat whole meals (no processed food)
-Limit amount of sugar 
- Eat breakfast 
- No ordering in 


Going through and making all these goals was a little overwhelming. Achieving Stepford wife awesomeness looks like it will prove to be a challenge. 

Along with my goals I have written out schedules for my days, what goes where and what I must do when. 

What I found interesting was when I got to some of the things on my list that I decided had to go for this months trial to work I got extremely defensive. 

Napping was one of them. 
I have an 11 month old cutie who is pretty amazing, I'm absolutely loving having a girl. However my little diva is still getting up 5 times a night which can make for a tired mommy. I have decided though that the perfect housewife wouldn't take naps, so for the sake of the experiment I'm cutting my naps and taking up coffee! Which is kind of a bit scary since I have never had a cup of coffee in my life....we will see how that plays out. 

That prove though that I am already finding idols in my life, things that I am putting before everything else. I find myself already trying to think up excuses for taking a nap or not exercising or eating a bag of chips...and I love it. 
That is the exact reason I'm doing this! 

The excuses. The good intentions.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

I always say I want to do this or that better, lose weight, exercise more, be more patient with my kids. But instead of doing any of it I come up with award winning excuses as to why I can't or won't. 

I have decided I don't want my life to be a life of excuses or good intentions. I want it to be a life that is full of action. 

So nervous to take this journey but I am already learning things so I know this is going to be an adventure. 










No comments:

Post a Comment