Monday 22 August 2016

Scheduling conflicts

Sitting in bed chilling watching T.V last night, I was struck with a thought (that I wish would have come at like 8am instead of midnight since it kept me up for awhile thinking about it). In the show the character was given 6 months to live. All of a sudden she was doing all these outrageous and impulsive things the excuse was "I'm going to be dead soon, I want to really live."

It got me thinking...if I was given 6 months to live how would I want to spend my life?

The thought came at a good time to. As school fast approaches and activities start up again as moms lots of us are trying to write out our weekly schedules. When to get groceries, when to run the kids here or there. If your a homeschooler like me then you are trying to figure out what to teach and when. How to fit in family time, devotions, exercise and anything else you have decided to take on this coming fall.

It made me stop and think about how I would live my life if I knew that 6 months were all I had. What wouldn't make it on the schedule?

Well for one...my phone time would be strictly limited, making sure I didn't waste my time on petty Facebook arguments or ridiculous videos.

I would take the time to really sit and listen to my kids. Schedule time to specifically get to know their little hearts better and who they were created to be. That time would get changed for nothing.

I would make time to spend with the people who breath life into me.

I would spend every single second I had with my kids trying to teach them about the Love of Jesus because well, I would want them to have a good foundation.

I would make time for my husband. To love him and cherish him and put him first...that also would not be optional for change.

As I kept coming up with things I started to notice more and more that these things that I obviously held so dear to my heart...they were on the schedule the least.

I scheduled big chunks of time for things like house work and small chunks of time if any for date nights.

It made me realize that the things I am scheduling into my everyday life are good things...but they don't line up with the priorities that sit at the core of my being.

Life goes on...activities continue, we can't stop cleaning or lawn mowing and most of us aren't dying tomorrow or in six months...but all of us see how fast a week, or month or year flys by. Like come on, I swear I have been saying for 3 years "ya tomorrow I'm going to start exercising". Time flys and we are left saying "I wish I would have....."

I don't ever want to look back at these things I hold dear thinking "I always planned to....but it's to late now".

Trying to fit it all in is a huge job. But tonight I felt this was like God whispering to me, "take a minute and pray, I will help you get it right".

I know I have some praying to do and some scheduling to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment